at times can be hard to come by. Especially when you are working on projects that the yarn turns out to be less than stellar and shattering your expectations.
I mentioned at the time of making this yarn the difficulties I endured just to get it at this point and it wasn’t an easy journey. Being still relatively “green” at spinning I didn’t understand the difference in how your spinning technique could greatly affect the outcome. As a result this fiber spun up into a rope like consistency which is quite unpleasant to work with. So the Sockhead hat I have agreed to make for K1 is a slog fest that I’m not even totally sure I want to give her once it’s complete.
The empty space in the above picture and the distance from said handspun is indicative of how I feel about working with it. If I can’t get it to soften up a bit once it’s complete then I just may nix actually giving it to her.
On a brighter note contentment has been found with Zilver.
I’m on the last of the repeats and have way too much yarn leftover so I may add another before I bind-off. On an experimental note I decided to add speckles to Deep Blue Seas and the completed red of Purple Sunrise. I figured out a better way to do this AFTER I did it but, I’ll fiddle with that once I complete the orange.
By the way I was looking through the blended fauxlags of the colors and found enough orange to make up the 2 gram difference I lost while trying to transfer the spun singles onto a bobbin.
In the words of Mr. Burns on Simpsons,