Off and on

I set a goal this month to complete Murky Waters by the end of it. I had initially thought it would take me the whole month but, then realized with great effort I could actually finish it in a week plus a few days time. My hand problems caused a bit of a set back. In the end Murky Waters was completed in a months time but, not without some set backs. You would think I would learn that if something seems too simple, easy, or effortless I substantially increase the possibility I will mess up due to inattentiveness. I did that more times then I’d care to recollect. In addition, I ended up running out of yarn at a crucial junction. I had already made nearly 27 rays of the border and only had one more to go plus the final few rows of ray 27. What to do? Get creative and embrace the funky.


At first I tried to match the yarn with similar yarn I had in stash and there was no way that was going to happen. So I settled for matching the yarn line but, having a different colorway. Which made it possible for me to finally block. (I have a blocking picture but, won’t post it.)

And although today is rainy I was determined to get my finished porch shot as a stamp of completion.

Murky Waters (Levity Shawl by Kelley McClure)
Knit using Hiyahiya US6 – 4.0mm needles
Yarn Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in the colorways Deep Waters & Poppy field

I had set another goal for this month but, didn’t make that one. An unfortunately the set back that’s incurred as a result is disheartening.

2016-04-30 04.26.15-1

I finished up the second of the third ply of yarn yesterday and decided to immediately put it on it’s own bobbin to prep for plying and this happened. All the effort I put in yesterday down the drain. This set back will greatly affect my total yardage of this colorway. How this happened is that while putting the yarn on the bobbin the ply broke (not unusual) but, I couldn’t find the end that was still on the spindle. Valiant efforts and no less than an hour was devoted to finding it to no avail. I kick myself a bit thinking perhaps if I had waited until it wasn’t late at night and I had started to fade to sleep then it could have been salvaged.

Onto a happier note. Since Murky Waters is off the needles. I’m itchy to break my usual monogamous knitting to cast on not two but three new projects.

2016-04-30 12.04.16

The purple would be for a Zilver by Lisa Mutch which is long overdue. The handspun is for K1’s sockhead hat and the grey heather and real teal swatch is for K2’s vest past due. I have switched up the colors for is vest a lot but this swatch has been steamed blocked and fits my 15sts and 24rows on US9 – 5.5mm needle gauge post block. More updates soon.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s