I’ve been updating a lot lately. Which won’t always be. But, one thing I’ve never done on this blog that I thought I had is say thank you to those who read it. I know I’m often long winded but, many of you repeatedly, willingly come back to read what I have to say and I appreciate that. This is the only public blog that I have that knows so much about my life that it does. You all have heard on numerous occasions when I’m under the weather, you see pictures of the loved ones in my life (something I rarely share). That’s my little way of saying I appreciate the interest.
My week has been…I have no idea of what the proper adjective to put here.That aside I’ve done a few things.
Ashton has progressed and could have easily been in the completed stage but, I made a conscious effort to put it aside to work on Rust & Stone. Rust & Stone is on a deadline (December) Ashton is not. Also, I notice for myself that if I’m knitting one thing and start another not only is my attention divided but, I my tension is slightly different because I’m knitting something on either bigger or smaller needles for said item. Often that makes it where I have to adjust and that could take anywhere between 2-4 rows before I get into the groove of the different project.
As it is the past two days have been undivided attention given to Rust & Stone
As such Deep Blue Seas hasn’t been touched and tomorrow (Oct. 3rd) makes it an official year long project. I was hoping to have it complete by then… Sounds funny now. Just a few more days. I don’t do well with company. It throws my routine rhythm off and right now we have two very rambunctious 13 year old boys and a 10 year old girl. Way too much distraction to attempt completing anything.
This was so hard to photograph and it still didn’t come out the right color. You’ll see it properly when it’s complete.
I have been itching to make socks for a while which really puts a damper on my one project at a time thing. I had already broken that rule when I cast on Ashton but I conceded the point by instead of casting on socks. Making the yarn ready for them out of various leftover Knit Picks sock yarn I had laying around unclaimed.
In between all these signs of restlessness came another.
This is my next year plus long project. I started out trying to make a batt that didn’t work. So I did a few blended fauxlags. I did not like that so I did some single color fauxlags but didn’t like those either. Finally I made them like you see in the picture. I may spin from the fold but, as yet I haven’t decided. Because I played around with the colors so much I won’t be doing a three ply (I don’t think…) Won’t know exacts until I start. This is 5.114ozs worth of fiber which I’m sure you can tell isn’t even in the various colors but, that’s ok.