I don’t know which I’m most surprised by the amount of time it took me to complete the cardigan or how long it’s been since I’ve written a blog post.
But finally the cardigan is complete. I have one tiny end left to weave in that I didn’t see until I had woven in all the other ends but, it’s such a minor thing I haven’t done it as of yet. The “model”/recipient loves it and that’s all that matters. I felt as if my skill level has greatly increased since doing the first one of these. I learned from some errors in the first one and I had to rip back a few times to get things just so. In the end a few things I learned about this is that either my families children run really big and tall or the designers children run really small and petite.
Why do I say that? The sleeves for one. In the design, it’s meant for the sleeves to be gathered at the bend in the arm. This was neither necessary nor feasible. The arms of the sleeves were so short if I had gathered them I don’t think it would have looked as nice. Then there is the length of the cardigan over all. It seemed short to me so I kept adding length. In the end I made it 14 1/2 inches long and I still felt it could have been longer.
All in all I am pleased with how it came out and only wish it would have been completed during colder months so she could get more wear out of it. Finally after many months of working on fiber bit after bit I have a finished yarn to show for it. 124yds of a dk/sport weight. I wanted to make a hat but don’t think I have enough for one. But we’ll see. Surely I can come up with something.
So now I am working on about 20g of the blended grey tones in order to ply it with the 20g amount I had already spun up. After which we’ll work on completing the rest. I started another project and this one has a real deadline rather than a self-imposed one.
It is the Retro Rogue shrug. I am using Knit Picks Brava Bulky in the colorway Solstice Heather. The camera flash has completely washed out the reality of the color. It’s basically a deep blue/navy color. I am doing quite well for someone who started it the 31st of last month but set it aside for 3 days. It’s a little further than this now. The deadline for it is the first of July. I don’t see having a problem with that except I’m quite confused on how to do the seaming. I’m hoping by the time I get there it’ll all make sense.
And last but not least. I casted on some socks.
More about those later.