Mistakes can be fixed

I’ve been busy. Busy doing a lot for the house. We’ve sided the shed and got some other major necessary things done to the house. I feel better now that they are complete.

I’ve had a lot of projects going at once. I’ve put things on the needles and taken things off. For instance, Mother Dear’s bow tie has been off the needles for a while now. It looks nice, she likes it, just next time I would make the bow bigger. I’ve put on the needles a pair of toe-up socks for my 7 1/2 year old niece. I was hoping to have completed Kori’s Playful Citrus but ran into a snag.

It fits her, it looks nice on her, the sleeves aren’t done but, that’s not the problem. The problem/mistake lies in the fact that it doesn’t look a thing like the pictures on the pattern. I’ve made it too short, the bind-off is too tight where it ruffles on the bottom. I should rip back to the last length increase section and fix it all but, I’m not going to. I just really don’t have the energy to do so. So, I’ve chalked this project up to a loss. My sister may or may not like it. She may or may not want it and I really at this point don’t care.

My goal was to have Playful Citrus done by the end of this month but, my disappointment in the finished outcome has caused me to lag in picking it up to finish the sleeves and get it off the needles. So, I’ve occupied myself elsewhere, mostly on improving the house but, also on improvising a toddler sock pattern that I have to fit for a child with a size 3 US shoe size.

Here is that progress:



3 thoughts on “Mistakes can be fixed

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s